Periyar E. V. Ramasamy was an Indian Social activist and politician. He is known as the ‘Father of the Dravidian Movement. His birth anniversary is celebrated as ‘Social Justice Day’ in Tamil Nadu. Here are the best sayings and quotes from the Periyar E. V. Ramasamy that will blow your mind…
Best Periyar Quotes And Thoughts
1. You cannot expect any rational thought from a religious man. He is like a rocking log in water.
2. Wisdom lies in thinking. The spear-head of thinking is rationalism.
3. As there was no open opposition to Aryanism from the beginning, it grew in stages and made us degraded.
4. By helping the poor, we must be able to remove their poverty. By extending help to one here and one there in the form of providing food will not remove poverty.
5. Capitalists control the machineries. They create difficulties to the workers. Consequently rationalism, which has to lead the way for peaceful life to all, has resulted in causing poverty and worries to the people because of dominating forces.
6. Marriages should culminate on account of the wishes of the couple. It is their knitting of the hearts that should lead to marriages.
7. Only education, self-respect and rational qualities will uplift the down-trodden.
8. Money lending is a horrible profession. If we are to call it otherwise it is lawful plundering.
9. There is no use of simply acquiring titles or amassing wealth if one has no self-respect and scientific knowledge.
10. Politics does not concern itself who should rule us. It is about what kind of rule people should have.
11. As long as we give room for domination and the dominators, there will be worries and worried people. Poverty and pestilence will live eternally in the country.
12. Everyone has the right to refute any opinion. But no one has the right to prevent its expression.
13. In other lands, knowledge alone is respected and trusted and held as the basis of everything, but in this country, men believe only in rituals and ceremonies, in God, in religion and such other rubbish.
14. Man does not grow by merely accepting whatever others have said. However, do listen to others, but later think with the help of your reason. Accept and try to follow what appears right to you.
15. Religious devotion is for the individual. Character is for all. There is no loss if there is no devotion. Everything is lost if there is no character.
These were the best sayings, thoughts, and quotes from Periyar E. V. Ramasamy. Hope you liked this article and make sure to share it with your friends.
You can also check out quotes from-