Chanakya was one of the great minds of India. He was an ancient polymath, teacher, author, philosopher, and royal advisor. His words were full of wisdom and knowledge. Here are the best quotes and lines from the great Chanakya to inspire you with words of wisdom…
Best Chanakya Quotes In English
1. One who can’t determine his goals; cannot win.
2. Wealth, a friend, a wife, and a kingdom may be regained, but this body when lost may never be acquired again.
3. Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.
4. No one can defeat a powerful mind.
5. The loss of life causes but a moment’s grief, but disgrace brings grief every day of one’s life.
6. It’s better to die than to preserve this life by incurring disgrace.
7. Never make friends with people who are above or below you in status. Such friendships will never give you any happiness.
8. Do not reveal what you have thought upon doing, but by wise council keep it secret being determined to carry it into execution.
9. Accumulated wealth is saved by spending just as incoming fresh water is saved by letting out stagnant water.
10. God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your god. The soul is your temple.
11. The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
12. We should not fret for what is past, nor should we be anxious about the future; men of discernment deal only with the present moment.
13. Drop the idea that love and attachment are one thing. They are enemies. It is attachment that destroys all love.
14. The one excellent thing that can be learned from a lion is that whatever a man intends doing should be done by him with a whole-hearted and strenuous effort.
15. A wise man should restrain his senses like the crane and accomplish his purpose with due knowledge of his place, time, and ability.
Related- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes; Sadhguru Quotes
16. The life of an uneducated man is as useless as the tail of a dog which neither covers its rear end nor protects it from bites of insects.
17. As soon as the fear approaches near; attack and destroy it.
18. Learn from other people’s mistakes… you can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves.
19. Humbleness is at the root of self-control.
20. The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.
21. A man is great by deeds, not by birth.
22. Knowledge is lost without putting it into practice; a man is lost due to ignorance; an army is lost without a commander; and a woman is lost without a husband.
23. Books are useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person.
24. A task in which an expedient is used is not difficult to achieve.
25. Who realizes all the happiness that he desires? Everything is in the hands of God. Therefore one should learn contentment.
26. All creatures are pleased by loving words, and therefore we should address words that are pleasing to all, for there is no lack of sweet words.
27. Time perfects men as well as destroys them.
28. Power is the cause of alliances.
29. The weak should seek refuge in the strong.
30. Righteousness is the root of happiness.
31. Prosperity abandons one who is satisfied with wealth.
32. If people are prosperous even a leaderless state can be governed.
33. By failing to plan, you are planning to fail. Every effective performance is based on thorough preparation.
34. A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
35. Once you start working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.
These were the best quotes from Chanakya. Hope you liked this article and make sure to share these wise words with your friends.
You can also check out quotes from-