The Crucible is an American play by Arthur Miller. John Proctor is the protagonist of this play. Here are the best quotes from John Proctor to blow your mind…
Best John Proctor Quotes
1. You are pulling Heaven down and raising up a whore!
2. Spare me! You forget nothin’ and forgive nothin’. Learn charity, woman.
3. We vote by name in this society, not by acreage.
4. I speak my own sins; I cannot judge another. I have no tongue for it.
5. Peace. It is a providence, and no great change; we are only what we always were, but naked now.
6. I cannot speak but I am doubted, every moment judged for lies, as though I come into a court when I come into this house!
7. Because it speaks deceit, and I am honest! But I’ll plead no more! I see now your spirit twists around the single error of my life, and I will never tear it free!
8. A man may think God sleeps, but God sees everything… I beg you…She thinks to dance with me on my wife’s grave!
9. If the girl’s a saint now, I think it is not easy to prove she’s a fraud.
10. Vengeance is walking Salem… We are what we always were in Salem, but now the little crazy children are jangling the keys of the kingdom, and common vengeance writes the law!
These were the best quotes from John Proctor. Hope you liked this article and make sure to share it with your friends.
You can also check out quotes from-