The Art Of War is one of the World famous books written by Sun Tzu. He was a Chinese general, military strategist, and philosopher. He is one of the legendary historical personalities. Here are the best quotes from the Art of War book that will give you some amazing lessons and blow your mind…
Best The Art Of War Quotes
1. Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.
2. Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.
3. In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.
4. When the enemy is relaxed, make them toil. When full, starve them. When settled, make them move.
5. Move swift as the wind and closely formed as wood. Attack like fire and be still as the mountain.
6. There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
7. The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.
8. Plan for what is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small.
9. Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
10. Danger has a bracing effect.
11. Knowledge of the enemy’s dispositions can only be obtained from other men.
12. The wise warrior avoids the battle.
13. Great results can be achieved with small forces.
14. It is best to keep one’s own state intact; to crush the enemy’s state is only second best.
15. The principle on which to manage an army is to set up one standard of courage which all must reach.
16. Excessive rewards are a sign of desperation. Excessive punishments are a sign of exhaustion.
17. One mark of a great soldier is that he fights on his own terms or fights not at all.
18. Hence, in the wise leader’s plans, considerations of advantage and of disadvantage will be blended together.
19. Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and sternness.
20. A leader leads by example not by force.
21. You can ensure the safety of your defense if you only hold positions that cannot be attacked.
22. The worst calamities that befall an army arise from hesitation.
23. The opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
24. Rapidity is the essence of war.
25. In war, practice dissimulation, and you will succeed.
These were the best quotes from The Art Of War book. Hope you liked this article and make sure to share it with your friends.
You can also check out quotes from books like-