Of Mice and Men is a popular novel written by John Steinback. It has some amazing messages for everyone and is a must-read book. Here are the best quotes from the Of Mice and Men novel to blow your mind…
Best Of Mice and Men Quotes
1. A guy needs somebody―to be near him. A guy goes nuts if he ain’t got nobody. Don’t make no difference who the guy is, long’s he’s with you. I tell ya, I tell ya a guy gets too lonely an’ he gets sick.
2. Guy don’t need no sense to be a nice fella. Seems to me sometimes it jus’ works the other way around. Take a real smart guy and he ain’t hardly ever a nice fella.
3. Ain’t many guys travel around together,” he mused. “I don’t know why. Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other.
4. As happens sometimes, a moment settled and hovered and remained for much more than a moment. And sound stopped and movement stopped for much, much more than a moment.
5. There was a gravity in his manner and a quiet so profound that all talk stopped when he spoke, His authority was so great that his word was taken on any subject, be it politics or love. This was Slim, the jerkline skinner.
6. Evening of a hot day started the little wind to moving among the leaves. The shade climbed up the hills toward the top. On the sand banks the rabbits sat as quietly as little gray, sculptured stones.
7. They fell into a silence. They looked at one another, amazed. This thing they had never really believed in was coming true.
8. Try to understand men, if you understand each other you will be kind to each other. Knowing a man well never leads to hate and nearly always leads to love.
9. I got you to look after me, and you got me to look after you, and that’s why.
10. We know what we got, and we don’t care whether you know it or not.
11. A stilted heron labored up into the air and pounded down the river.
12. A water snake glided smoothly up the pool, twisting its periscope head from side to side; and it swam the length of the pool and came to the legs of a motionless heron that stood in the shadows. A silent head and beak lanced down and plucked it out by the head, and the beak swallowed the little snake while its tail waved frantically.
These were the best quotes from Of Mice and Men. Hope you liked this article and make sure to share it with your friends.
You can also check out quotes from books and novels like-