Circe is a novel written by Madeline Miller in the year 2018. The novel explores Circe’s origin story and it narrates Circe’s encounters with mythological figures such as Hermes, the Minotaur, Jason, and Medea, and ultimately her romance with Odysseus and his son, Telemachus. Here are the best quotes from the Circe novel to blow your mind…
Best Circe Quotes
1. Humbling women seems to me a chief pastime of poets. As if there can be no story unless we crawl and weep.
2. It is a common saying that women are delicate creatures, flowers, eggs, anything that may be crushed in a moment’s carelessness. If I had ever believed it, I no longer did.
3. I would say, some people are like constellations that only touch the earth for a season
4. A golden cage is still a cage.
5. Yet because I knew nothing, nothing was beneath me.
6. You can teach a viper to eat from your hands, but you cannot take away how much it likes to bite.
7. The truth is, men make terrible pigs.
8. It was my first lesson. Beneath the smooth, familiar face of things is another that waits to tear the world in two.
9. Witches are not so delicate.
10. You cannot know how frightened gods are of pain. There is nothing more foreign to them, and so nothing they ache more deeply to see.
11. The world was made of mysteries, and I was only another riddle among the millions.
12. Sorcery cannot be taught. You find it yourself, or you do not.
These were the best quotes from Circe. Hope you liked this article and make sure to share it with your friends.
You can also check out quotes from novels and books like-