Peter Lynch is an American investor, mutual fund manager, and philanthropist. He is one of the most successful investors in the Stock Market. Here are the best insightful quotes from Peter Lynch that will give you valuable investing lessons-
Best Peter Lynch Quotes
1. Most investors would be better off in an index fund.
2. Everyone has the brainpower to follow the stock market. If you made it through fifth-grade math, you can do it.
3. Go for a business that any idiot can run – because sooner or later, any idiot probably is going to run it.
4. Never invest in a company without understanding its finances. The biggest losses in stocks come from companies with poor balance sheets.
5. The typical big winner in the Lynch portfolio generally takes three to ten years to play out.
6. Charts are great for predicting the past.
7. You should not buy a stock because it’s cheap but because you know a lot about it.
8. The real key to making money in stocks is not to get scared out of them.
9. A price drop in a good stock is only a tragedy if you sell at that price and never buy more.
10. What the stock price does today, tomorrow, or next week is only a distraction.
11. If you can’t find any companies that you think are attractive, put your money in the bank until you discover some.
12. Know what you own, and know why you own it.
13. Behind every stock is a company. Find out what it’s doing.
14. Investing in stocks is an art, not a science, and people who’ve been trained to rigidly quantify everything have a big disadvantage.
15. Equity mutual funds are the perfect solution for people who want to own stocks without doing their own research.
16. The simpler it is, the better I like it.
17. The natural-born investor is a myth.
18. In the long run, it’s not just how much money you make that will determine your future prosperity. It’s how much of that money you put to work by saving it and investing it.
19. Never invest in any idea you can’t illustrate with a crayon.
20. Time is on your side when you own shares of superior companies.
These were the best quotes by Peter Lynch. Hope you liked this article and make sure to share it with your friends for important investing lessons.
You can also check out quotes from-